The sole author of this blog is me—
Over the years, I have filed 13-Ds in ALGC, HRTB, FSVB, GSLA, RFSV, COMB, and RYFL. In 2003, I helped recap COMB by buying a 9.9% stake and joining their Board until its sale in 2006 to SUPR. I am currently serving on the boards of RYFL and Royal Bank.
Since my graduation in the 1980s with a BA in General Business Administration and an MBA in Finance from Michigan State University, my career has included stints as:
- Registered Representative for Oppenheimer & Co in Chicago, IL
- Securities Analyst for Feshbach Bros./Stockbridge Partners in Palo Alto, CA
- Securities Analyst/Portfolio Manager for GW Ringoen & Co in San Francisco, CA
- Founder of two hedge funds, Sands Point Partners LLC and Riggs Qualified Partners LLC
- Contributing author for a number of professional publications, including Seeking Alpha
I have significant holdings in many of the banks about which I write. I enjoy supporting the industry’s fantastic, under-recognized performers who run their businesses with shareholder interests in mind. I even more enjoy ferretting out the crooks and incompetents of the banking industry, exposing them for the scoundrels they are, and pressuring them to do the right thing for shareholders. I was also once named in a Civil Action by the SEC alleging that in 1987 I was a fourth-hand “tipee” of inside information.